Sunday 8 June 2014

RODENTS
Drops from the shower
dripping down 
wetting the skin
echo that heavy downpour
in every breathing pore , 
forcing rodents out of a burrow
in a mood to gnaw at the past
in some place all secure
near this muddy furrow.

Here under this towering acacia
near yellow oleander and red gulmohar
when for the first time you held
me close to your heart that
lip-synced to my fave number,
I was under an unknown shiver
seized by a tantalizing tremor,
with the smale of crushed
yellow oleander in air
their timorous petals under rain ,
And your cloud-filled expectant eyes
Waiting, beaming under the bower
Of leaves shimmering in pain.

Trying to utter
all that I wanted to declare
I was only a bundle of quiver
With all my thoughts choked
under a wisp of your careless hair on
on my cheeks, words in panics
by a big applause of a thunder.

At that point
should I repeat ?
Nature was the lightning
and we were the endless shower.

Copyrighted : saroj kumar padhi

No comments:

Post a Comment