Sunday 8 June 2014

LADY-LOVE
The moon declined to reveal 
my lady-love’s face tonight
hiding her black mole 
beneath her bright beams
veiling her contours 
under the shade of made-up smiles
deceiving me in her wild wiles,
and when I appealed to her to let me have
a moment’s glimpse of the stars in her eyes
there was a stir in her still waters
blurring a simple sight,
a ripple in her secret chambers
depriving me of a common right;
she budged away and hid her face
beneath the speeding dark- grey clouds
that ran like frightened fawns
across forests of the night
my eyes were still in that wild gaze
when you mocked me from your height
I kept waiting there till it was dawn
on the bed of my grass lawn
though for you
it was such a hilarious and big fun.

Copy right: saroj k. padhi

No comments:

Post a Comment