Sunday 8 June 2014

MINDLESS STUMBLER !

Thinking with heart 
Is a habit hard to forgo
urging one in love
to practise a carefree let- go ,
costing a heavy price ,
when you pose normal ,
and tell others
‘its all okay, all very nice’ ;

the second girl
(the first love being mother)
In my life to whom I offered
a bouquet of poems
when lush green ;
crushed it soon
under a concealed grin ,
without letting the air
get an ounce
of its smell
in a half-lit forest thin .

the third girl
whom I offered
a bucketful of tears
had (rightly so)
for her reasons
of false fears ,
took a quick bathin it
to attend to
a life of bucks and beers
and lots of better cheers ;

the third and the last
I gave a basketful of smiles
she frowned and said
‘You idiot ,I have no problem
with fools like you to walk with
provided you do away with
all your salty tears
and all those nonsense rhymes
till the end
of life’s pretty long miles'.

Copyrighted :saroj kumar padhi
08/06/14

No comments:

Post a Comment