Sunday 8 June 2014

DYING WITH LOVE

let there be no commotion in the wind as I pass on
silently into the body of this beautiful earth :
the light of my life melt into the crimson kiss of a fading sun
on the temple of a shy moon –her shimmering complexion
half-veiled by grey clouds on a leisurely run 
caressed constantly by a moist breeze for love and fun
from every evening till dawn
repeating the eternal cycle of celestial affection ;

the colors of my longings and desires pass on
to the saucy fluid in flaming Palasa in a dream
and blushing red casurina honeymooning
with the thoughts of a lonely lover’s mind
exciting in their union the black clouds to rain
in response to calls from peacock to peahen ;

the earth of my body be the sweet cradle
for roses of all kinds to take root and bloom,
my soul merge into the folded petals
of the Nagachampa in prayer and meditation
to dispel darkness and surrounding gloom :

the water inside be filtered into gills of oysters
for perfect pearls to my Love’s neck adorn
the air of my lungs turn into solicitous breezy whispers
for the ears divine and spaces in my cells pass on
to the sky of limitless love dappled with passion.

Copyrighted :Saroj Kumar Padhi

No comments:

Post a Comment