Saturday 21 June 2014

RAPE VICTIM
-----------------          DR SAROJ KUMAR PADHI


A moment's male lust
makes a corpse of me,
I turn into a nameless woman
in search of a name;
blaming the moment
bewailing the loss 
and asking myself
what made them prey me like that--
slay each cell, munch each bone
and suck all liquid
while my soul wrenched
under merciless strokes of Time.

You left me dripping blood,
sizzling with impotent anger
in my crushed womb
all mute and dumb
and cursing the stars.

You butchered my body
bruised my soul
traumatized my mind
defaced my goal
demolished my dreams
left me alone groping for air
with d earth crumbling under me
and the rest of my life --
a series of screams;
breathless, purposeless
i wander --
a nameless living ghost.

Who will save me ?
Who will draw me ashore
as i drown here
in the sea of life's steep coast???


Comp. n copyright:S. K.Padhi

No comments:

Post a Comment