Friday 20 June 2014

GODDESS OF SMALL FLING
( published in Replica, in 2001)

When I asked for a little love
you  planted a bomb on my lips.
Thank God it was not of the exploding kind
but soon I found myself in the dangerous deeps
where splinters of dead lovers’ being lay
after the silent shocking blast, an utter dismay !

Sinking still deeper asked for a little kindness,
you  brought the battered self to the surface
but again dribbled some strange potion into the mouth
killing  the dying soul with  surplus kisses
for  I burned and burned till the Sun was out
leaving  behind a huge heap of  blinking ashes.

This  is no politics of blame dear
for I admire  your  style of loving.
Who else could from darkness to light bring?
Save you  O my Goddess of small fling !!


Comp. n copyright :Saroj K Padhi

No comments:

Post a Comment