Saturday 14 February 2015




PLAYING  FOOTSIE  WITH  SEA

In my infinite wait for you at nights’ lonely shore
The sea could  perhaps mark the tattoo of your initials
Dazzling like two pearls on my heart’s sandy floor,
Could listen to the sad refrains of my songs galore ;

And perhaps therefore she started playing footsie with me
Like ‘she’ did in college days sitting near classroom door--
She gently stroked my feet with fling of shells at my sole
Trying to scribble her name time and again on a loosed soul.

Sea asked me who was that ‘she’ and why did ‘she’ leave
And why there were trickles in my eyes at every sunset
As the sun left, plunging me and her into a darkness ,
It was out of empathy the sea sang  in same raga again
To fill my sandy shores with waters of sweet love’s pain
And since then
Whenever I go to her she somethings somethings
me again and again .


@ comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi/ 14. 02. 15

No comments:

Post a Comment