Saturday 21 February 2015





CRUMPLED  PETALS



As my liquid soul flows and pines to flow still more
 in rhymes of pent up agony from life’s constant blows--
in myriad forms of rudeness of unloving hearts galore,
 cruelties of  sadistic hands reeking of souls’ ugly sore ;


I fail to decipher million intricacies of your many designs
the mysteries under which this life of ours strangely signs ;
the enigma of wind caught  in fire, the endless replica of desire
the stories of hunger in midst of plenty and filth under shower ;


petals of my morning flower that awoke to many miracles--
of hot pink glories writ newly in hearts of  ecstatic lovers  ,
now droop like deodars under a scorching sun of summer
in the swelter of gasping throbs in heart’s secret chamber ;


don’t know when these petals crumpled as I put my first step
on the first of the twenty two steps leading to your sanctorum
I retreat again to refresh those petals with prayers’ fresh sprinkles
Not knowing when they will return to their shiny original twinkles  !



@copy right: saroj k. padhi /21.02.15


No comments:

Post a Comment