Tuesday 10 February 2015


KADAMBA TREE IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE


God comes to plant his first morning kiss
in beaming rays of Sun, softly touching thee,
before spilling His soul’s magic over me ;
buds under night’s hangover open their blinking eyes ,
leaves tremble in intimations from unknown
with newly lighted green dreams to rise ;
and humming to your crazed ears ,the wind
retells myths that crossed our forefathers’ mind ;
about memories of love that elude cruel times
about moments of salvation revisiting at good times,
and shades of lights and darkness at play
in strange nuances during all changing climes .

In the dim evenings of low street lights
you search for some balm in the surrounding air,
under shower of moon beams, you are all fire
with wild ecstasy flowing thro’ your rumpled hair ;
and in darkness, reflect on your secret wounds
in tune with sombre music from strings of heart’s lyre.

You are my life, my love , my hope , my despair
with you  I seek my death and my salvation
before to the heavenly abode I  silently repair.

@copy right : saroj k. padhi. 10/02/15




No comments:

Post a Comment