Sunday 8 February 2015






A VOID WITHIN



A void within sometimes takes me to the top of the hill
beyond the river, where another river in the heart of the hill flows
inside caverns of his blasted chest  
in the colour of  the crimson Sun’s glimmering  glows ;
where the trees once throbbed with touch of Spring in their boughs
shadows of which the fire of endless burning in cool whispers douse .


I sit on the top most rock as I did in days of my boyhood
counting the stars  vanishing from the breast of the sky
without any rhyme or reason  leaving me in the absence
 of my mother-star  to cry ,
and now you not being there,  again I sit here counting them
and the grief of their loss melts my heart , melts the rock
forging another river to flow from my once - lovely - dreamy eye !


Tell me why your absence haunts me like that
taking me across the river to the top
of that  hill in whose heart there another river silently doth lie ?


@ copy right : saroj k. padhi 08/ 02/15


No comments:

Post a Comment