Monday 2 February 2015






ALLOW THE WIND TO PLAY


Stop not this wind, allow it to play
across the boughs of Kadamba in me
where images of Krishna sway
in their sweet naughty way
allow the wind to play
till my limbs turn into hay
for a sweet flame across it to splay.

Cover me in lush green of leaves
that await the touch of hands of the wind
that saved only the essential log of Krishna’s body
from the forks of fire of the Aguru tree ;
allow me,please allow me to stay free.

Let the birds fondle my boughs
with beaks contented after their feed
let them rub , ruffle and reduce me to thin reed
before my body turns inflammable
for the holy fire on it to happily feed ;

please allow the wind to play
allow the fire in me to  fully splay .


@ copy right : saroj k. padhi 02/02/15

No comments:

Post a Comment