Wednesday 18 February 2015




FLIRTING  WITH  MY  LOVE


ONE evening while flirting with my Love
I said “Why do you always compare me with Moon ?
Do you think I like it? In fact I hate that Moon
that comes in between so often us late or soon
while I’m enjoying love’s timeless boon ;
like this garland of tuberoses on my braid
look, how it blunders on  to my face again and again
while you try to taste the plum on my lips,
the naughty Wind  pouts in taking half of my joy away.
Look how your divine touches are made to drift away
by a conspiratorial Moon and a naughty wind
handling whom so difficult it I find
except this Kadamba tree
that truly loves me.”

Do you know Govind, when you are not around
Thousand grape soft hands of yours do my body surround
With flying  kisses from his falling leaves
Under whose shower my love breathes ,
I smell you in his bark, boughs and his soul in beams
I love you in the whispers of his supple dreams
His liquid soul drips onto my breast in drops of tear
When after a long absence with him I’m  there.”

At this my eternal lover smiled like my shivering love-tree
And for all this He is perhaps jealous now not to leave me.



@ copy right : saroj k. padhi/ 18.02.15

No comments:

Post a Comment