Tuesday 3 February 2015





I’M A SPECK  OF DUST


Steeped in an emptiness profound
with only one name to resound
inside a perfumed darkness at the core ,
thro’ the throng unable to steer clear
I crawl to an extreme corner
of the eleventh step ( out of the twenty two)
 leading to that door
at the rear of which sits my sweet Lord
and I’m waiting here for feet of a devotee to be trod .

Memories of a crazy wind try to blow me back
across  familiar spaces and time to the heath
of my birth where my relations seek redemption
in fruits’ and flowers’ wild elation.

Stones caress but their hugeness threatens me ,
stray sands mock me, clamour of crowd frightens me
echoes of whines from beggars at threshold distract me
still I lie patiently in silent prayer,
for I’m aware of the danger of Gundicha’s impatience
that left my Lord half formed during initial installation ;.
but I know not when His sun-lit eyes will fall
to raise me from the abyss
and awaken me to the  bliss of His reincarnation !



@ copy right : saroj k. padhi . 03/02/15

No comments:

Post a Comment