Monday 30 March 2015




LISTENING TO DARKNESS


I listen to whispers from lips of darkness
Speaking in a language replete with alphabets
Of your secret dreams to inhabit forever the terrace of my mind
That smacks of the stolen moments of our togetherness ingrained
In the oozings from crushed leaves inside your hands
That fidgeted in the forbidden garden of our sinking lands
Waiting to merge soon into sands of oblivion ;

One where you dwell with shadows of familiar bodies
Waiting to be buried in the grave of Time’s cruel fun ;
And the other one to which I think I belong
Living a life in gay abandon, when I decay like a dead fern
In tune with night wind’s mournful song ;

Darkness wins me back to a peace
That light hardly finds ,
Darkness seals me into a box of memories
Making me enjoy its ceaseless loving grinds .


Copy right : saroj k. padhi/ 18/ 03/15



No comments:

Post a Comment