Monday 30 March 2015




IN BETWEEN


You are a dream
Caught between an instinctive desire to possess
And my  conscious struggle for complete detachment,
Miles away from the past sheen of our love
And its present fear of a tantalizing sin ;
Trembling like a tremulous Sun on lips of leaves newly born
To speak of the mystery of an inspired new morn
Inside their lungs’ eloquent swells ,
Where desire silently dwells
Like a drunken wind that nestles
In the nest of my swinging thoughts ,
In connivance with wet clouds to end Earth’s droughts
In sprawling deserts of teeming denizens’ unconcern
Where flowers of my longings turn into spikes and stunted thorn.

As I stretch out my hands to catch handfuls of spaces
From the magnanimous blue immensities of your soul
My mind catches fire even during fall of incessant rain
Dousing my  incomplete being with its limitless  pain ;

Why am I interspersed so like a hunger in between
A desiring heart and a deterring mind
An ever expanding image of an idea unfulfilled
And yet so sweet in its agonizing grind ;

I crave, I crawl ; I coo , I call ; I rise, I fall…
Yet I  love to rise again like a robotic doll .


@copyright : saroj k. padhi 16/03/ 15


No comments:

Post a Comment