Sunday 1 March 2015






BRIDEGROOM IN WAIT


My aching heart yearns to listen to the silence
Of words in my bride’s sweet heart tonight
Quelled by chants, noise of bands, blaring mikes, rituals
Bursts of cracker -rockets to a great height;


Beneath cast of tents, display of apparels and flying colours
There lies a simple unostentatious desire to be one with
My  goddess with her soul in silent prayer
Who is always willing my smiles and tears to share
In the depth of an ocean of love blue and feelings so rare
Where I dwell these days in the midst of all tumult and fanfare .


I ‘m here at the Mandap receiving relatives, friends, well wishers
With their bouquets, gifts, radiant smiles and close-ups,
My bride is here too with her blushes hiding stains from tears ;
But I only see her in wait at the secret shore of her love’s soaring sea
Whereto my soul doth silently flee in spirit of an eternal glee
With shower of vernal flowers from heaven’s bowers
Inciting me, for my bridal blossom to be a humming bee .



@ copy right : saroj k. padhi/ 28.02.15






No comments:

Post a Comment