Saturday 10 January 2015



TRANSFIXED


Impaled at the cross roads of my city
Not knowing  which way to go
Bewildered, bewitched  I stand
In wait for an awakening blow…


I look ahead but see nothing except
the scented maskara of your eyes,
having painted an entire  world
with hues of  prelapsarian dyes…


looking back I see a host of stars
with telltale blinks of secret love in eye,
drunk deep in night wind’s hushed sigh
trying to sketch your image on canvas of the sky…


looking to my aching left
I see the stardust of your face
In drizzles of fog to an earth swept
And filling spaces in the tall mountain cleft…


Looking to my onerous right
I see how I have lost all sight,
Like blossoms under some blight
Under the dark eyelid of the night…


From here I can’t move anywhere
I can’t connect my past with my present
I feel my words like the wind growing too silent …


Is it just a mute elongated  moment !
A voice turned  temporarily silent !
A time turned  impotent !
A longing without intent ; a desire without content !
A pleasant, cool constant or a baffled, orphaned  instant… !


@copy right : saroj k. padhi

11/01/15

No comments:

Post a Comment