Wednesday 14 January 2015



AWAKE TO  DREAM-2

Is it true dear that one is awake
when some loving one keeps dreaming of her or him ?

In the dead of this night is this awakeness dear
due to your dream of me soaring there ?
Dreams of scented flowers in sway inside ivory towers,
your desires riding rainbows of my blossoming youth
in thousand colours of imagined union--
flashing in the eyes of a teary sun
when dark clouds rush out of the sky’s warm sighs
there my head, loaded with thoughts ,in your lap lies…

keeping me awake to your cravings for moony moments
on the waves of the glorious, glitter of sea
with your bangles ringing to the tune of wind in tree
of your nectarine lips turning me into night’s black bee…

your dream of drinks of vanilla
in the fountain of my flowing love
under the bower of a star-studded sky ;
of steamy  ‘momos’ in college street nearby ;
of nonstop  sweet nothings over drinks during outings ;
of things sublime and things all kitsch
of a continuous play of love’s old itch…

propelling me to heights of ecstasy
and nights  of reflection on what should have been
and what things really have been been…

@copy right : saroj k. padhi/11.01/15







No comments:

Post a Comment