Thursday 29 January 2015





IN THE EYES OF THE RIVER


Shadows of trees ask the river of the morning
about stains of  tears  in her  half closed  eye
to which calmly and sweetly  does she reply,
‘Look here a little deeper into my dark floor
wherein sits the image of my lover in prayer
with determination to reach the sea quite far
from here, when I have stumbled into a trickle
with my hesitant flow’s  continuous tumble !
How can I fulfill his dark image with such love
that the sea can give to a seeker of salvation
when I myself am caught in deprivation ?
But as you know he won’t go leaving my flow
Into which he has dropped his silent tears,
feelings of rejection and unwarranted fears
his hopes , dreams , pains and cool pleasures. ‘ 

‘Tell me dear shadows how can I fulfill this guy
when I myself am wandering like a shadow shy
unable to fulfill myself in absence of lover rain ,
burning inside this transparent plasma of pain,
how can I stop his obstinate tears’ flow into marrows
of my bones with their effects in my eyes’ dark hollows ?’


@ COPY RIGHT : SAROJ K. PADHI. 29/01/15


No comments:

Post a Comment