Friday 23 January 2015




FALLING OUT OF LOVE


Don’t know why I fell out of love,
but I remember how painful it was
to listen to thunder of her big ‘No’
after which  the blow lost its edge
soon to merge into life’s daily flow…

Reasons advanced like seasons were different :
Night said I was not potent and had not learnt
how to meet moments of climax at the horizon
being caught in vague philosophical confusion ;

Day said my dreams did not match so very well
with desires of  Sun that turned complete pale ,
in wake of a  Spring that to bouts of failure fell .

Moon said I hadn’t courage to fill her with beams;
Stars said I stretched talks of love to extremes ;

Trees said I hadn’t taken her to their warm shades
to show how in absence of gloss love simply fades .

Rain said I was not with her when it showered
Buds said I did not notice when they flowered…
Like this one day love had slipped out of my fingers
Leaving them all crossed to face Love-God’s angers .


@ copy right : saroj k. padhi –24/01/15


No comments:

Post a Comment