Monday 5 January 2015





RUSTLING LEAVES


Don’t know how the music of your foot steps
sneaks in,  bewitching  the soul of my ears
thro’ the thick of talkative leaves on grass
that lie in a frenzy of  long, cool shivers,


awakening in our Earth the romance of ancient rivers
that are at present  in trickles of happy tears
with a spasm of sweet pain running thro’ every nerve
incurred by perfume of your potent presence around
bringing an end to all my old, irrational fears ;


My breath grows louder, longer and deeper
in expectation of a repetition of that whisper
you sent thro’ the leaves of my yearning lips
long back during our Jamuna trips
like you always do with your flute, Govinda
that keeps me in an ever awakening spate of joy
in my breath I feel  music of your woodwind toy.




Comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi/05.01.15

No comments:

Post a Comment