Tuesday 4 November 2014






WONDERLAND



Walking through the fields under a mellowing Winter Sun
And with pals, relishing raw grains  from black gram plants ,
Some green gram plants there from neighbour’s farms too
Forgetting all about time, cuts on foot, wounds and woe;


When company of friends mattered above everything else
Love spread like Rabi crops overlapping boundaries among  fields
Pleasing farmers’ hearts with promise of big yields in the dale
Peace lay in the woods and groves softening breeze in the vale;


You were a small fun, a cool region under the shade of woods
Offering fistfuls of dust, sand and mud to build a sweet home
Your kisses were boon and festivals offered lots of lovely foods.


Where are you now ? Where are you  my old flame ?
My  love of ancient games, old fountains and clean sand bed ?
 Build me that bower and beautiful  airy dome
Bring me back to wet me, whet me in your sweet, little home.



Comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi
04/11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment