Sunday 2 November 2014





DEEP DOWN



Startled by my own foot steps
I look back to find your shadow mocking
my dreams shattered into shreds
on the floor of a wounded time bleeding ,
in the veins of those red flowers constantly
ravished by cruel hands of routine morning ;


the snake of my fear leaves the growing anthill
to stalk my failure and frighten me from the back,
of my  lone cement bench in the park
constantly reminding me of the lapses
in the fragile breath of my love in youth
that flew away like the dumb white herons
into the blank chest of an impotent sky
as I sit here brooding on this very big why;


when  the question grows heavy
 in the shrinking horizon of my eye
a  cool breeze moves from somewhere
with its soft, soothing and sympathizing sigh !



comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi
03/11/14






No comments:

Post a Comment