Saturday 1 November 2014





MISSING YOU


A drop from my eye plonks into the river water
To raise that song in the ripples- of “I miss you”
As  nights after nights roll on into the horizon
To fetch freshly  built images of a growing you;


You used  to say to  me, “ You, big liar!” and smiled
From the curves under lids and corners of lovely dimple,
Sucking in my whole being  deep inside their whirls
When I couldn’t know how the Sun set on your temple.


You held me softly then for such a long while in your arms
When stars vied for such love in the lap of a half moon,
The breeze untucked your pony tails, butterflies fanned you
In tune with songs from Nature’s lovely bower and  boon.


Now i know not why and how similar songs are sung
In new sprigs of trees, in changing nuances of breeze,
Echoing sound of insane hearts breathing quite long
And then melting into the words “ miss you” with ease.


Comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi
02/11/14


No comments:

Post a Comment