Monday 24 November 2014




ALPHABETS  OF  LOVE


Etherized  by too much pain I hardly mind
Your giving still a little more --
Your annual doses of a card or two
With those familiar alphabets
That years back inked your last love letter ;


Wishes of anniversary or new year
Tear  thro’ this heart’s inner walls
Like acid that burnt faces of girls
Who refused when forced to comply ,
And I’m sure the more pain you give
Nearer to your crumbling images
like a masochist I fly
Spreading my half-broken wings across
The faded rainbow of our love in your eye .


Time has stolen the earth from under my foot
The sap from the shoot
The trunk away from  my root
And the limitless expanse of a glorious sky
For my words to jump into  fall
Of mists in morning leaves’ tear-filled eye
Where like dew under Sun swiftly and  sweetly I die .


Comp. n copy right : Saroj K. Padhi
24/11/14






No comments:

Post a Comment