Sunday 10 August 2014






The ‘you’ of my poems is no particular person nor the ‘I’ of my poems always I. They are variants .A poem takes its own situation, characters, feelings and thoughts…I m just a medium to arrange them in some suitable words…..         Saroj  .


PASSION PURE



At last I have reached you it seems --
the white petals of passion ;



At the end of a long journey
through miles of bleeding cracks
 in  the overly emotional heart ,
after meandering thro’ baffling mazes of mind
to rest on beguiling beauty of blossoms
that became dearer to some  strange God
leaving  me burning into sweet white flames
inside the warm and cosy home of green sod ;



happy with my little world of white flowers
kissing  butterflies and bees under bowers ,
I  count and read the beads of night’s bliss  
and rejoice at the  sacrificial death of Sun
dying  every night a lover- sincere and  true
to invoke the lovely moon for limitless fun ;



each of my breath melts into the mild petals
opening out  into soft smiles at the magic look
from the face of a swift and clear cracking dawn
I bow to you God, my lover of day and night
hold me light
just as you hold this universe, your pawn .



Comp. and copyright : saroj k. padhi
10/08/14


No comments:

Post a Comment