Monday 18 August 2014




SIKKIM


As I watch the trickles of tears flowing
From the corners of these mountains’ eyes
On my drive up the steep road to Nathula pass
I’m drawn  nearer to streams from your eyes 
Whose memory melts me again and again 
Into  murmurs of wind 
That sweeps across  miles of mute desire
Along stretches of vast green land
Swaying inside mind;


Your silence killed me then
Now it heals
With  a cold moist breeze 
Sprinkling vapours on dreaming faces
That float like clouds on hills’ lovely tresses;


Now I make this journey up the hard joints 
Of your body across time
To your icy head  skirting my  country
Where love is under  high alert
Life  is a tough knot 
And every breath  ,difficult 
Turning me into a drop in the  trickle
Down your body Sikkim
Where I would love to perish 
As I  vanish into this afternoon  rainbow in your eye.


Comp. n copyright :saroj k. padhi
18/08/14

5 comments:

  1. 'SIKKIM' Took me into a world of complete bliss...*
    Astonished to know that a simple experience can take the shape of such an admirable poem....
    This poem will be a treat to numerous tourists who will visit sikkim again n again to experience your perception about this place voraciously....
    # hats off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnx a lot Manaswini for ur BEAUTIFUL N SUPERB OBSERVATIONS.....ur comments r perceptive,awe-inspiring n perhaps implicated in a kind of prophetic outpour...i don't know why....but it pleaseth me a lot....thnx again...

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Sir,this poem provides soothing effect and calm feeling to mind.Your skillful writing is just awesome.The poem is very wonderful and will surely touch millions of hearts.Hope you will gift us with such beautiful poems in future...

      Delete
    4. thnx sagarika for such lovely comments n wishes...i ll surely try to....:)

      Delete