Saturday 27 September 2014




PLUNDERED PETALS


Why did you go away,
when I ran dry?

in oozings of nectar
in my sweet  womb?
In flow of youth
In my  honeycomb?

Sucking me to the full
at the root of my virgin spring
making  me speechless
like a dumb human  being !

Thrust into  the whirlpool
of a  constant turmoil now
I ponder and lament
In my long days of dry wait
And in my nights
of dreams soft and  wet;

my conscious is flooded now
with a black beetle’s blind love
that flicked my body
like  droplets of dew
from the bosom of night above.

I’m in  the clasp
of your unseen hug now
unable to fight,
you hold me now
like  my petals of youth
nestling too tight.

‘I’m done now’,
I sometimes do feel
but  painful thouthts  of you
in my head do reel.

You are my  day,
you are night,
you are my soul’s desire
my love’s sweet fire
and my dreams ,all too so  bright !

comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi
26/09/14


No comments:

Post a Comment