Tuesday 23 September 2014





A GIRL OF EIGHTEEN


I’m a girl of eighteen
In love with my own tune
And my dreams umpteen;
Why do you bother me
With slings of your dry swoon
When I’m in a fling with the sky
And drunk with a wild moon?


I am a girl of eighteen
Envying those rose-cheeked girls
At the college canteen
Trying to flirt with my sweet friend
Who from a fairy land did descend
But now, he my heart does rend
With only tears in my eyes to fend;


I cry under the bower of a silhouette moon
And  hope  to find that real  friend  very soon.


I  ask myself  many ‘whys’ wherever I go:
Driving at night I ask  ‘Why am I afraid
While  crossing   the thoroughfare
Even of persons quite  familiar?


Why am I afraid of my own shadow
While chasing my dreams  lying afar?


Why am I stared  at so long  and stalked
By greedy bees who steal  all colours
From all lovely  flowers?


Questions are many
But answers a few,


I’m still not bothered too much
As I find
My love to be  so fresh and new !


My love of grass, my love of dew
My love of self, my love of the world
And  my love of all  him, her and   you.


Comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi
22/09/14

No comments:

Post a Comment