Sunday 21 September 2014




I LOVE DARK


I love this dark that caresses
wounds from common  hurts
in the silence of my soul
when  night after its familiar stings,
to a corner does  lightly stroll
and leaves like drops do softly fall
to the grass of my body
to bury the day’s  tough roll
into the roots of my tree
where I am from all noises of life
completely free; 


Come you dear dark nearer into my crevices,
repeat your soft caresses
bind me to your dark tresses
strangle me  into your gentle breath
and let me  be sighed out
of the nostrils of your jasmines
into  simple  airy nothings.


Comp. n copy right L: saroj k. padhi
20/09/14

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem. It expresses a wish regarding relief and relaxation that everyone needs. It describes the wish of the poet.Really this poem reveals the desire of getting relief from the routine busy schedule....

    ReplyDelete