Monday 6 October 2014





WHERE ARE THE BEES GONE?

Where did the bees vanish yester night
when I was lost in drizzle of moonlight
without any hint about their sudden flight
putting  me into this awkward silence
that has been simmering  in me since midnight ?

Look how my petals droop, fade and fall
my eyes in a big, wild blank lazily roll
inviting the wind to write  
an elegy on these graying leaves
drawing  drops of ink from depth of my soul !

The pink grass flowers  blare out news
about  these bees from their funnels
that flash in all corners of the garden
by agents of birds in all the channels !

But who will give me meaning this morning
under the light of the new Sun?
In the absence of my soul’s companion
who will bring me some real fun?

Let me burn in this  fever of quiet longing
till the bees from the unknown haunt return,
touch me not dear  lovers of flowers
in my present  plight of  painful sojourn !

comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi
06/10/14



No comments:

Post a Comment