Friday 3 October 2014






BETWEEN  YOUR PONYTAILS

Katak,
Why do you  always try to cage me
between  your two  pony tails
in their cascade-like flow
down  to vast fertile lands of imagination
where I am a captive to the  moist musk
of million flowers bursting with affection ?

Why does your sandy mud stick to my tired feet
like obstinate memories,
like dust on old  cowries
with anguish of adolescent  love  replete?

Why do you always  haunt me
like a youthful dream
 in the corridors of  eternal Time
turning me into a dumb lover
of your ethereal  beauty in morning mist,
your holy chants from  a devoted  priest
singing the glory of Goddess Durga
in  Autumn’s pleasant evenings
when Goddesses Chandi,
 Banadurga and Gadachandi
offer  flowers of  joyous blessings ?

Your heights also awe me
with enchanting views  of  the Mahanadi
from the steps of Lord Siddheswar’s temple
where my beloved  God-mother
offers  ambrosia  from heaven
as my steps to a sweet world above
seem to unconsciously quicken !

Comp. n  copy right: saroj k. padhi,
03/10/14


No comments:

Post a Comment