Wednesday 30 July 2014

TOUCHING YOU

I will touch your soul
every  time you draw me
near your burns
that under beauty so starkly stare
I will not touch your body
but heal  it with
the brush of  some wishes
and  a balm of my prayer .

I will   for sure make you
an addict to my  soul’s love
as an aroma in sweet air
that  will  always elude you
like trails of shadows
chasing  bodies all  so very  bare .

Then at  last when  to a futility you’re cast
you will be the first to haunt my dreams
in the shadow of  the scented kadamba  tree
near my grave , with none to listen to or lament
over the wild  welter of your  growing screams .

There I  will touch the old wounds of your body
and the black burns of your  heart
under the shadow of a clouded moon
fulfilling all pending desires
to end all dark sighs and weak , hopeless swoon.

Comp. n copyright : saroj k. padhi
30/07/14




No comments:

Post a Comment