Tuesday 22 July 2014

ON LOVING A STONE

Lying on the morning grass of your dew-soaked body
as I tell ‘I love you’ , you shrink back with a big ‘why’
into the soft shivers of a dozing mimosa mumbling
in dreams about revels of last night under starry sky

inadvertently you push me  onto a stone where I lie in a pull
of blood that flows revealing colors of my injured love
I fall on the cruel crags of many a stony heart and bleed
with  clots of true love blackening on the body of wounded dove

What is truth? What is morality? And what is real love?
Perhaps suffering is truth in words appropriating feelings
that die into yellow body of drying grass where I lay
in expectation of a healing wind to blow across my wounds…

comp. n copyright: saroj k. padhi./22.07.14




No comments:

Post a Comment