Tuesday 1 July 2014

TRANSLATE MY HUNGER INTO YOUR PEACE
That day so beautifully you translated
a child’s prattle into a lovely song ,
the long futile plough of farmers
in this country’s fallow lands
into a pastoral epic so long ,
and hurtles ,hisses of guns at the border
into words of harmony in the long run ;
now for God’s sake please
hold me in your delicate hands
and with your magic words translate me
into something other than I ;
translate me into the deep forest of your fear and love
the soft look of deer in your eyes
where desires flit like dark drunken butterflies
in quest of secret chambers of forbidden love
thirst seeps like drops of rain into the earth
of your body after hurried drinks of herons and dove.
Translate my dreams into
talkative muskara in your eyes
my longings into
smiley blossoms in your dark hair
that for the Spring so eagerly sighs ;
my pain into your soft sleep
my restlessness into
your breath quite deep ;
my hunger into your peace
and my death into your bliss.
Comp. n copyright: saroj k. padhi
02/07/14

No comments:

Post a Comment