Wednesday 3 December 2014





TROUBLED SMILE



Moon’s is a troubled smile to-night bemused at her own image
In the mirror of a formally dressed sky interrogating each dimple
 In her tainted cheeks with glints and glosses from chit fund money,
Where the brunt of blemishes from curses of millions of bellies
Have formed blotches of burnt out hearts on her face and thighs ;
She seems ashamed of her cabre danced only with a ribbon
Of galaxy around her waist hardly hiding her breast or belly—
‘Wasn’t I silly enough to commit such a grievous folly?’, she  muses
‘To dance like this on heaven’s sacred floor ,in guise of Miss Jolly!
As if I was meant to be a sheer feast for these Chit Fund owners
When my real lovers love to enjoy my celestial beams  so fully!’


‘It was a mistake but I think it was not such a cognizable folly
For money has made inroads into my land too in this globalized
World where people love night parties till six in the morning
Drinks, drugs ,dance bars, music loud and all grand hurly burly.


I  also feel sorry that the largest chunk  is the poor’s money
With their foolish investments tagged to dreams  all bonny
On your wide earth of so many hungers but very little honey
Where common life Is fraught with a little joy but risks so many!’


Comp. n copy right : saroj k. padhi 03/11/14




No comments:

Post a Comment